4 August 2007

Hex

Just finished rewatching Hex - both Season One and Season Two. And I think I was more impressed the second time round than the first. And it really gets to me that they axed it rather than making a third season. What this show really needs is a conclusion, a third season of about the length of the first (6 Episodes) more would be to much based on the situation at the close of the second.

Now there are those who say that Hex is an adult buffy - to that I can say "GET REAL". Don't get me wrong I AM a buffy fan, (thats the in a show sense. for characters i'm a HUGE Willow & Anya fan....). I just find it irritating the way people broadly compare shows that happen to be in the same Genre.

Buffy is about a girl who kills Vampires, and later on demons - its mythos is of multiple dimensions of demonic realms. Its roots are more from fantasy.

Hex is about Fallen Angles, temptation, even love with someone you know is Evil. The second series has Ella, nearly 500 years old and and dedicated to preventing Azazeal's son being born. Its roots are much more Biblical in nature.

Similarities - A school, some one who kills evil things, ... Thats about it. Hex is an Awsome show and should be judged on its own merits not compared to something it holds very little in common with!

Wisp

No comments: