26 January 2009

Patch 3.0.8 Hunter Fallout

So its been almost a week since the patch and I’m learning my rotations for survival. I’m not even trying trap dancing because until they give us a ranged option for more of our traps the very concept grates on my sensibilities.

Once again blizzard have altered hunters so that one tree alone is end game raid reliable. And what grates the most is that tree is out damaged by hybrid classes, which ones tend to depend on the fight but Death Knights, Fury Warriors and Elemental Shamans and Retribution Paladins are usually up there.

Anyway I’ve sort of got over the fact that in 25 mans on single target fight like patchwerk I’m no longer likely to be near the top of the dps charts. Its still really annoying but maybe it’ll be fixed one day…

I have noticed that with survival my burst damage has jumped and after almost messing up a 10 man patchwerk pull I have learnt that using Explosive shot with a Misdirection can be bad due to its ticks being able to crit! Survival is interesting and different and I don’t mind having to learn it that much, what I do mind is being forced into it.

Finally, volley was over powered and needed to have its damage reduced, it was insane that hunters could be topping the charts on AoE packs. But WHAT THE HELL where blizzard thinking? If there is a class that it makes even less sense to give huge AoE potential to it’s the Rogue. But lo and behold in 25 man Naxx I have been seeing Rogues put out almost the same level of dps as pre nerfed volley!

Blizz Get a Grip please, I’m begging you!

Wisp

No comments: