22 January 2009

Depression

So its happened, patch 3.0.8......

And BM hunters have been f**ked up. I did a 25 man VoA on the day of the patch, and my dps went from just under 4k to 2600......

So I'm trying a survival spec, its something new and currently is far better than what was Beastmastery. But trap danceing... I'll be honest I don't like it, why O why O why should a hunter have to move in and out of melee range to maximise their dps??? It is completly and totaly STUPID. We are a ranged class no a melee one! 

Any way another problem with with Survival is I'm geared up for BM, so I'm forced to spend gold on re-gemming AND all that mail armour that has been passed on an DE'd in the past I suddenly need to go back and get.

The argument from blizz was that BM hunters where doing to much damage compared to other classes.... Maybe to start with, but up until this nerf, and nerf is an understatement. I've been watching the mages & locks catching up. Our achivement gaining Patchwerk kill, I was only a fraction above a lock.

Now I get beaten into the ground by hybrid classes, DK's near the top, elemental shamens, boomkins, all of them beating me in the 25 Naxx I've just done. I was around 8th place on patchwerk a single target full out nuke fight. Something that hunters and rogues should be excelling at.

Blizzard got this patch very very wrong. Hunters needed a nerf to our AoE damage, but BM didn't need to be screwed on this scale, MM & Survival needed to be brought upto the same level as us. Mages & Locks in PvE where with gear catching up. Rogues needed bringing up in line Hunters.

Suppose atm, I am feeling really let down, disappointed and depressed. If I wanted to stick with BM and try it, I know I'll be way down on the damage these days and I'd have to swap my cat for an ugly looking devilsaur OR spend days doing nothing but camping the spawn points to try and get a spirit beast (I'm OCD but not to the point where I can't see progress as time passes).

Maybe the large bar of cadbury's will make me feel better, but currently I doubt it. I'll let my imaginary readers know.

Wisp

No comments: