8 October 2010

Civ 5

Installed the game on sunday at 11:30, bad mistake as it meant I didn't get any sleep that night! Fortunately my decision to cut down on caffeine a few months ago paid off, two cans of redbull kept me awake all day at work.

Not really played a civ game since three, largely due to my wow obsession! And I actually am enjoying this version. The city states are a cool addition and won me my first game, as it turns out they get to vote on diplomatic victory! I was expecting the vote between the only remaining two sides to be pointless.

Now we move on to the problems. The game had to be installed via steam. Barely noticed the first time but as I had to reinstall it once this was painful due to stupidly slow download speed. Then it turns out the game is seriously unstable on my machine, hence the reinstall. Too get it working almost reliably I have to play in windows mode using the direct-x 9 version rather than 11.

So many hours into my current game as the English on a archipelago map (almost feels like cheating) I am still enjoying the game, and hex grid rather than squares is another cool improvement.

As this is my first entry from my new phone I am really curious how it's going to format!

Wisp
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.2

No comments: