28 July 2009

Oblivion

Well, it has been years since I played Morrowind and even longer since Daggerfall! Both awesome games. And Oblivion doesn’t fail to impress either. Most of my weekend just disappeared it really has been a while now since I’ve played a game that totally immerses me – Wow stopped doing that a long time ago!

So I may only be 3 years behind on getting this game but hey who cares now. My first character is a custom class I’ve called Blade Mage. Concept is simple Up close and personal it fights with a one handed weapon and shield using touch magic attacks. At range it uses magic to fight.

This time around I also decided to avoid the trap I fell in with Morrowind and that was Mods. You see After doing that game once I went looking for mods to improve the experience with new stuff. Unfortunatly in my hunting I founds tons of cool looking mods and I spent weeks trying to get them all talking together! Which being honest failed and a new game came along to play. So even though there will be loads of awesome player made mods for the game I have just installed the official Bethesda ones, along with the “Unofficial patch for the official mods”.

Well that’s about if for now I’ve just got into the arcane university and magic item making time has arrived :)

Wisp

No comments: