18 June 2009

The Zombies are Coming!!!

On the web there are many places to get hold of small time management type games to idly pass the time. One that I have been using for over a year now is Big Fish Games. I buy a credit a month and depending on my mood pick up a time management, puzzle or word game. Most are simple in that I complete them in 2-3 days and then move on but occasionally I get one that just grabs my attention and sort of swallows my time whole! In exactly the same way a full scale Roleplay or Strategy game can do. Well on Thursday last week a game of this time popped up – Plants vs Zombies.

The idea is simple you plant, plants into your garden such as the Peashooter to kill the waves of zombies before they can get into your house to eat your brains! So I’ve completed the adventure, all the mini games and puzzles, completed all the survival modes but still I’m spending hours playing the game!

I think part of it is the zen garden! As the play you can pick up plants for your garden which you just water and nurture until they are fully grown. So I’m repeating the adventure and survival games in order to pick up as many plants as I can, need them all!

Which I think partially explains why I’m doing this! The game is fun and I have an addictive personality when it comes to games….

Wisp

No comments: