24 April 2008

So Whats Been Happening? Part 1

World of Warcraft

I will start with my main hobby. Prometheous officially stopped raiding soon after my last post in January and I was left with no idea what I was going to do. After a couple of weeks I had more or less decided to play much more casually and level my alts while waiting to see what Wrath of the Lich Kings brings. Some friends have now stopped playing, one just totally disappered :(, another made a server transfer to try a fresh start and has since moved all her alts over as well.

One friend got me into DICE, he’s yet another one who has since quit his subscription, who where just about to start on MH & BT raiding. (I had to suffer a few weeks of SSC & TK raids but I survived!) So in the last three months I've seen every boss in MH & BT fall except for Illidan, and as this is the first week we shall make serious tries on him I sure he will also drop soon.

In other news there has been a major content patch (2.4) with a new quest area, new faction, loads of new daily quests, a new five man instance and a new 25 man raid. I'm exalted with the new faction, Shattered Sun Offensive, and along with Scale of the Sands (mount hyjal) I am upto 31 exalteds, with the 32nd coming after the next BT raid. I like the new 5 man, its quick and entertaining. While learning it I'd suggest 2 or 3 Crowd Controllers, especially on heroic. This is less important with better gear and I've done a heroic with me being the only CC'er - that was amusing!

The new daily quests generate a lot of netherweave. The best way of disposing of this stuff is to turn it into netherweave bracers and disenchant them. From a sample of about 100 bracers I was looking at an average increase in value of 150% from the value of the cloth on the AH.
Well.... that used to be the best way, several of the new daily quests give a shattered sun supplies as a reward, inside every one is a green item. Imagine a large chunk of the alliance population getting 4-5 green items of junk every day... with me so far? What do you do with this junk? answer you get it de'd and sell the enchanting mats on the AH. Result? the value of Arcane Dust (the most common result of this process) has collapsed. So now the best way to dispose of my mountain of cloth is to turn it all into heavy bandages and vender them, 3g a stack of cloth.

Enough of that for now. My druid is now level 68 and the proud owner of "Farm Form". Which is as awsome for herbalism and mining as I expected it to be! Just two more levels and 3000 gold away from doing the quest chain to get "Epic Farm Form". At which point I can stop spending a fortune on the AH for Wisp's raiding supplies! Once the druid is done attention turns to the mage, currently 56. Once its upto 70, I'll not only be able to get all my herb requirements farmed myself, I'll be able to produce all my potion/flask needs myself.

And Finally, one of my alts has its own guild "Wisp Inc". We a not recruiting and have a guild tabbard and a four slot guild vault.

Wisp

No comments: