23 December 2007

All for a Bow!

I saw the season 3 arena bow... It looks AWSOME! Stats aren't bad either but its one of the best looking bows in the game yet! See for yourself.


True the dressing room background dosn't help, but until I have it in my hands thats the best I can do! Anyway back to the tale! So I made a 3v3 arena team with some friends and got squashed!

See the problem was two fold! One I've not really done arena's before! Two my gear is so not upto higher level arena matches! Problem one will be fixed with experience which will come as I work on my quest to get the bow! Problem two requires gearing myself up in PvP gear! So over the weekend I have done a stupid amount of AV (its an AV weekend)  and have got the first two bits of gear. Can't make use of Sunday & Monday in AV due to being at my parent for Christmas but such is life.

My shopping list of gear, which should give me the survivability to push my rating upto 1850 is.

Honour Based (Honour needed in the brackets)
  1. Medallion of the Alliance (Done)
  2. Vindicator's Chain Sabatons (Done)
  3. Gladiator's Chain Helm (Done)
  4. Gladiator's Chain Spaulders (11,250)
  5. Vindicator's Pendant of Triumph (15,300)
  6. Vindicator's Chain Girdle (17,850)
  7. Vindicator's Band of Triumph (15,300)
  8. Vindicator's Chain Bracers (11,794)
  9. Battlemaster's Cruelty (30,000)
  10. Gladiator's Chain Armor (14,500)
  11. Gladiator's Chain Leggings (14,500)
Arena Based (Arena points in brackets)
  1. Vengeful Gladiator's Chain Gauntlets (1,125)
  2. Vengeful Gladiator's Chain Leggings (1,875)
  3. Vengeful Gladiator's Chain Armor (1,875)
  4. Vengeful Gladiator's Chain Helm (1,875)
  5. Merciless Gladiator's Chain Spaulders (1,304)
Other
  1. Dory's Embrace (60 Badges of Justice)
  2. Battlemaster's Cruelty (75 Badges of Justice)
Over all a pretty long list! Now a brief clarification of order! The Vindicator boots came first so that I could put the Boars speed enchant on them (minor speed increase & 9 stamina) this enchant means I don't have to use a speed increase meta gem in the helm.

Next comes the season 1 helm & shoulders, basically at current ratings it will be 3 weeks before I can get the season 3 gloves and as I need the 2 set bonus (+35 Resiliance) as soon as possible these are on the list. The shoulders being selected as the second piece because the season three shoulders need a 2000 personal rating! higher than the bow.

Then it is time to collect the rest of the Vindicator set, which after the neck peice for its socket will be in order of decending resiliance rating. The battle masters cruely is next. You will notice that it is on two lists because I may buy it either way depending on which one its reached with first.

Finally on the honour list are the last two bits of Season 1 gear I want. they are in order of worst first, because I'll pick up the season 3 replacements in the opposite order! If I get to the season 3 versions first I will of course not be spending honour on the old ones.

The arena list is basically what I get when I can! with the gloves being first as they are cheapest, and have a nice +5% multishot damage buff.

Wonder how far through this list I'll get before I can buy the awsome bow? time will tell.

Wisp

No comments: